Thursday, March 17, 2016

New Molds from Amazon

I bought some molds on Amazon, two of the same mold that is pictured below. There are different variations, sizes and price points for molds like this on Amazon and I took a chance on these molds even though the reviews said they molds were very thin.
They are very thin and so far I've used one of the molds once to make the soaps you see here.
To fill six cavities I melted 1lb of melt and pour soap (1/2 each of Goat Milk White base and Honey Glycerin base). I melted the two types of soap together, added 1 teaspoon of fragrance oil and stirred in a small handful of organic oatmeal. Because of the oatmeal I was stirring the soap as I was filling the molds. The soaps are a little over 2.5 ounces each (around 2.6 or 2.7). I think they turned out really cute!
  
So for the two molds  paid $10.19 Canadian including shipping. I think that's a great deal and if they don't last forever I'm fine with that. In the picture below you can see how well the detail shows up, even with the oatmeal. Next time I make Cold Process soap I'll fill at least a couple of cavities and see how those do. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment