Monday, May 25, 2015

Coffee Soap

 I'm trying to do a few more masculine soaps for Father's Day. This soap has a small amount of cold coffee used in the sodium hydroxide solution but most of the colour comes from the Coffee Essential Oil I used for fragrance. The soap was pretty beige before I added the Coffee Oil and then it turned a brown which was OK, I ended up adding some Titanium Dioxide to lighten it. I then split the soap in to three sections and coloured one a darker brown with a little coco powder, I threw in some coffee grounds too with the coco powder. I added Honey Beige mica to the other container of soap ( and got Orange??) Below is about  10 minutes after it was in the mold and above  after unmolding and cutting, you can see the orange has toned down a lot LOL.

 Side view in the mold was pretty scary. Once cut it wasn't so bad, and it smells really good. So the darkest brown has some coco powder and ground coffee, the lighter brown is coloured from the coffee oil and lightened with some titanium dioxide and the "orange"  is coloured with Honey Beige Mica. I've used that mica before and its usually a tan colour. We'll see if it changes after the soap is cured and cleaned up.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment