Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Toilet Fresheners from Pinterest

A few months ago customers started coming in to the store looking for Peppermint Oil and Citric Acid to make Toilet Fresheners. Apparently they were the latest thing on Pinterest and I have to say I was curious when I heard about them. They sounded like bath bombs for your toilet ( a little cray cray for sure) but I looked at a few recipes and bookmarked one. I  made the ones shown here last Sunday using this recipe  from a blog called Maria's Self.  I followed the recipe exactly and am really happy with how they turned out. The essential oils of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint smell really great together and the fragrance is nice and strong.
 
 
I used silicone molds and got 29 little ice cube sized Fresheners. The flowers in the mold pictured above all fit perfectly into a 500ml Ball Mason Jar, be sure to put the lid on, you want to hold the scent in until use. I gifted those to my Mother In Law, she gets a kick out of things like this.
These little fishy ones are super cute but my mold only makes 11 at a time so I'm going to make another batch to get enough to fill a jar.

And these are the flowers out of the mold. They are said to deodorize and kill bacteria in the toilet bowl. I'm definitely all about the natural cleaners and I have used mine by cleaning first and then adding a Freshener to finish. Let me know if you try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment