Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Scented Wax Sachets

I've been wanting to try making these for a while. I gave some that I had purchased (from Pure Living) as Christmas gifts and they were a big hit. I used Soy Wax flakes and a little bit of leftover red wax from a soy candle and some Rose Fragrance oil. I melted 85 grams of the wax, it melts easily in the microwave, with the bit of red wax, and then added 2 tsp of the fragrance. I only wanted to fill the mold up to the scallops so I put the extra wax in to a heart in the 5 Heart Mold.

Then I tried some of these scented wax wafers. These are a blend of soy was and paraffin wax so didn't melt so easily. In the microwave, which is what I used, you have to make sure the measuring cup doesn't get hot and explode, so I did 40 seconds and let the container cool and repeated (many times). A water bath would have been the better way to go. Anyway, one of these wafer bars filled one cavity in a 5 Heart Mold.


To make a hole for ribbon or string you need a drill, using a nail will split the wax. I made the smallest hole I could to accommodate what I was putting through. I think these turned out cute and they all smell really good. I'm going to hang a couple in my closet and put the other two on towel bars in the bathroom. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment